T-Rex Power is a high quality, single component MS polymer based adhesive sealant with a high initial tack.
- High performance mechanical properties
- Combines high stiffness with very high bond strength
- High green strength, quick build-up of end strength, high sheer strength after full cure
- Does not contain isocyanates, silicone, solvent
- Flexible elastic rubber – movement accommodation up to 20%
- No bubble formation within sealant (in high temperature and humidity applications)
- Very easy to tool and finish
- Colour stability and UV resistance
- Can be painted wet-on-wet in paint trains with most industrial paints
- Withstands all climatic conditions
- Minimal health and safety considerations
Structural elastic bonding in the building and metal working industry Structural bonding applications in the automotive industry (cars, coaches, caravans, marine, trains) Elastic bonding of panels, profiles and other pieces on the most common substrates
T-Rex Power has an excellent adhesion on almost all substrates. Soudal T-Rex Power has been tested on the following metal surfaces: steel, AlMgSi1, brass, electrolytic galvanised steel, AlCuMg1, flame galvanised steel, AlMg3 and steel ST1403.
Plastics that were tested include: polystyrene, polycarbonate (Makrolon®), PVC, polyamide, glass fibre reinforced epoxy and polyester (GRP).
While producing plastics very often releasing agents, processing aids and other protective agents (like protection foil) are used. These should be removed prior to bonding. For optimum adhesion the use of Surface Activator is recommended.
NOTICE: bonding plastics like polycarbonate (ie Makrolon® or Lexan®) in stress loaded applications can give rise to stress cracking and crazing in these substrates. The use of Soudal TRex Power is not recommended in these applications.
There is no adhesion on PE, PP, PTFE (Teflon®) and PMMA (ie Plexi® glass).
Resistance to chemical agents:
Good resistance to water, aliphatic solvents, mineral oils, grease, diluted inorganic acids and alkalis Poor resistance to aromatic solvents, concentrated acids, chlorinated hydrocarbons.
Sort: all usual building substrates, several metals and plastics (except PP, PE and PTFE)
Nature: clean, dry and free of dust and grease Pre-treatment: For porous surfaces Primer 150 may be applied. We recommend the use of Surface Activator on non-porous materials
We recommend preliminary compatibility tests previous to application
We recommend a bonding layer of at least 2mm to achieve a bond with maximum elastic properties.
Application Method: Manual- or pneumatic caulking gun Application temperature: +5°C until +35°C
Cleaning: White Spirit or Surface Cleaner immediately after application and before curing
Tooling: soapy solution before skin formation
Repair with: T-Rex Power
Health- and Safety Recommendation: Apply the usual industrial hygiene For more information check the MSDS
- T-Rex Power may be painted with most types of lacquer used in industrial applications, however due to the large number of paints and varnishes available we strongly suggest a compatibility test before application. The drying time of alkyd resin based paints may increase
- T-Rex Power can be applied to a wide variety of substrates. Due to the fact that specific substrates such as plastics, polycarbonate, etc. may differ from manufacturer to manufacturer, we recommend a preliminary compatibility test
- T-Rex Power can be used for bonding of natural stone, but it cannot be used as a joint sealant on this type of surface. T-Rex Power can therefore only be used on the bottom of natural stone tiles
- When applying, make sure not to spill any sealant on the surface of materials